Research of Environmentally Friendly Processing Technology of Biodegradable Fiber Polymer Using Plasma Processing
Purpose of and Need for Research
* Core technologies of green technology in the textile industry are classified as low carbon, no pollution, body friendly and resource reducing textile processing technologies, and among these environmentally friendly processing technology using environmentally friendly reproductive resource is spotlighted the most.
* As among biodegradable high molecules, polylactic acid textile obtained from corns are similar to PET and PTT in terms of their textile property and characteristics, it is highlighted as textile which can replace the PET textile, which is synthetic resins textile which is highly demanded in the clothing industry.
* To apply biodegradable high molecules like polylactic acid textile for clothing, various textile processing process technology is demanded additionally to manufacturing, spinning, weaving, processing and disposing.
* As a dry type process, plasma processing technology not only reduces water use, chemical drugs and catalyst and waste water processing, but also as flushing and drying stages are unnecessary, it is a processing which can minimize energy use.
* Moreover, without changing the property of ingredients, it is possible to process only surfaces uniformly and as a large effect can be obtained within a short period within small amount of movement and ingredients, it is effective cost saving.
* In this respect, based on processing using plasma, researches relating to green technology are being attempted from various angles in and out of Korea. However, there is not reporting of research applying plasma processing, which is environmentally friendly processing technology, for granting functionality to environmentally friendly biodegradable high molecules from raw materials.