Environment Crime Control & Aggravated Punishment Act
* This Act is intended to stipulate provisions on aggravated punishment and control/prevention of environment pollution which harms living environment or natural environment or any action to damage environment to contribute to environment conservation.
2. Aggravated Punishment on Illegal Pollutant Discharge
* Any individual who illegally discharges pollutant to harm human life or body or contaminates water supply source to harm drinking water use shall be subject of 3 to 15 years of imprisonment.
* Any individual who commits any crime stipulated in above Clause 1 shall be subject of life sentence or over 5 years of imprisonment.
* Any individual who illegally discharges pollutant falls into one of followings or any individual who violates 「Water Quality and Water Ecosystem Conservation Act」 Article 15-1-4 falls into Clause 3 shall be subject of 1~7 years of imprisonment.
- Any individual who made over 300㎡ land which is used for agriculture, forestry or horticulture unusable.
- Any individual who contaminated ocean, river or small lake or underground water more than the scale or the standard stipulated in Table 1.
- Any individual who massively stranded fish and shellfish more than stipulated in Table 2.
3. Aggravated Punishment on Actions to Contaminate Environment Protection Area
* Any individual who committed crimes stipulated in Article 3-1~3 may be subject of punishment aggravated to 1/2 of original sentence.
* Any individual who illegally discharges pollutant or committed a crime stipulated in above clause 2 to make the environment protection area lose its selection or designation purpose shall be subject of over 5 years of imprisonment.