- Consistent Global Scale Control Operation on Hazards of 「1st Basic Plan」such as dioxin & etc.
* POPs (Persistent Organic Pollutants), substances holding unique characteristics of toxicity, bioaccumulation, long distance mobility & etc., can be exposed through foodstuff, home living appliances, wastes & other diverse routes.
* International control program promoted per the Stockholm Convention for hazard control of POPs.
- In order to execute the conformity with the Stockholm Convention in Korea, the 「Persistent Organic Pollutants Control Act」 was instituted and the 「1st Basic Persistent Organic Pollutants Control Plan (‘12~’16)」 was established.
* 「Persistent Organic Pollutants Control Act」 instituted on January 26th, 2007 and enforced on January 27th, 2008.
* In accordance with the Article 5 of mentioned act, the 「1st Basic Persistent Organic Pollutants Control Plan (‘12~’16)」 was established promoting the systematic POPs management.